PAL’s morning session is located in the York Village Elementary School (VES) cafeteria from 6:30 – 8:30 am. Parents/Guardians walk their children into the cafeteria and sign them in, where they are supervised and involved in daily activities until the start of school.
Students attending York Middle School (YMS) will walk independently to school from PAL around 7:10am, as bus transportation is no longer offered. Students who attend Coastal Ridge Elementary (CRES) are transported by bus to school, and students at Village Elementary School (VES) will walk to their classrooms at 8:30am.
PAL’s afternoon session is located in the York Village Elementary School cafeteria from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm.
- Middle School students will walk independently to PAL from the Middle School. They will be met by a PAL staff member at the start of the driveway at VES, and will walk up the hill to PAL together.
- Village Elementary students will be dismissed from their classrooms and go directly to PAL.
- Coastal Ridge students are transported by school bus to the program.
A balanced schedule of staff and child directed activities are planned daily in the areas of craft, indoor/outdoor sports, recess, games, homework club and free time as well as special monthly events.
Closings / School Vacations
- PAL follows the York school schedule.
- PAL does NOT operate during school vacations and snow days.
- The program will not operate if school is delayed or released early due to bad weather.